Our lives pass swiftly by!
Remembering and recording the everyday
moments is a great gift to leave behind.
The big things are important, but it is in the details
that our story is born.
The telling of the ordinary moments
are the Threads from
which the bigger stories emerge.
These things are important links to the
outcome of what our posterity will inherit from us.
These Daybook posts are my attempt at it.
Just for today~Wednesday, July 26, 2017
Outside my window...it is cool and quite breezy. It is either cool enough for a light sweater in the mornings and at night or it's sweltering. None of that warm summer weather yet except very occasionally. I think it's just me in some ways. The older I get I just want 72 degrees all the time. Haha! If only.
I Am thankful for...my new position as the Social Media Coordinator for the Family History Guide. One day before I began the September of my life, I was offered this position and it was the best thing in the world for me. Just when I was feeling a little washed up and over the hill, I got this amazing opportunity to champion a website that I love with all my heart. It is all about a new and easier way to learn to do your family history. So many people want to do it but just have no idea where to begin or how to do it. The logical, sequential learning process takes you from frustration to satisfaction. We want to get this out to all the wards and stakes in the world. It is that good. Marie, I may need your help in Chester if you are willing! http://www.thefhguide.com
I hope all of my readers with check it out.
I hope all of my readers with check it out.
From the learning room...I'm learning how to use Twitter right now so I can promote our non-profit business at The Family History Guide Association. It is found on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest as The Family History Guide as well. Instagram is next up on my agenda.
I Am praying for...the families that we know that have lost loved ones this week. 6 people have died this week among our friends. All unexpected. Still reeling a little, but we are praying for all that have lost a family member for a season.
Quoting Pinterest..."She packed up her potential and all she had learned, grabbed a cute pair of shoes and headed out to change a few things."
Watching...Grantchester on PBS. In fact, last night we watched the final episode of season 3. We purchased the DVDs so got to see it before the rest of the US who will see it tomorrow night. Such a good series. The character development is excellent. One of those that makes you know you are going to think about those characters a lot between now and season 4. Like Poldark. Will that next season ever get here? I'm like a kid waiting and watching for Christmas that seems to take forever to come. As an adult every time I turn around it is Christmas....but not Poldark!
Thinking About...how much I love mornings. Especially summer morning when the sun is up early and most people aren't. It's such a magical time of day when the earth begins to breathe and it is quiet except for the birds that are singing. This morning I went to the Farmers' Market for the first time this year. Hoping for a bumper crop of locally grown tomatoes but they are not quite in their prime yet. We haven't had enough hot sunny days yet but August should be great for them.
In the Kitchen...I got lucky last night. I'm getting lucky tonight as well. We switched date night for tonight, so movie and popcorn and no regular dinner. We went to dinner at the Leal's home last night. They are our lifelong friends whom Jim has known since he was a cub scout. The dinner was amazing.
Barbara is such a great chef, I thought everything looked just beautiful also. The company was magnificent too, four generations of this family at the table with us. Loved every minute of being with them.
Loves and Passions...I enjoy simple things, being with friends and family and enjoying people we love. I also love writing on this blog. So much of writing has to meet certain criteria but this blog is mine. I can do my own thing and not worry about the particulars of technical writing, the 140 character rule of Twitter, etc. I love thinking about traveling. We are planning to go to Europe next year and I think about it a lot. Italy is definitely on our list and England/Wales and maybe Ireland. I have always wanted to go to Austria as well. We will see. I'd love to return to the exact same cottage we stayed in in Wales. It was amazing! It will be a lot more expensive since we have no kids living over there these days. Bummer on the one hand, but not on the other. We like them to be here in the US.
Pet Peeves...people texting while driving. Seriously how stupid is that? People that litter...Why? People that are rude and uncaring and have no compassion. What does it get you in return? People that are so full of themselves. What makes you think you are superior to anyone else? People that are just takers and never givers. Do you think people don't notice this? Wow, I haven't done Pet Peeves for a long time. I may have been storing them up it seems. Oh, and people that steal from mailboxes. You seriously like junk mail? OK, I'll save some for next time! Haha...
Photos I'm sharing...this first one is a photo I took at the temple as we were leaving work the other night. A very difficult shot due to so many very bright spot lights. I was trying to capture the blue light in the sky. Blue light photos are among my favorites to take. Anyway, I hope you like it.
It is dark but the digital camera still sees the
blue for a few minutes after dark.
This also occurs just before sunrise.
blue for a few minutes after dark.
This also occurs just before sunrise.
I am fascinated by these blue light photos.
This is another night time photo (not blue light) of our youngest grandson, Owen. Chris and Missy took their family to see Tarzan at Hale Family Theater in SLC.
We love how all of our kids have given their children such wonderful and vast experiences as they are growing up.
Their kids are so blessed.
Laura just took her boys on a jaunt to visit old friends in Virginia and Rhode Island. We don't have photos of that yet.
Jen has one continuous adventure going on with her kids. Even amongst all the stuff surrounding Hazel's tendon release surgery on her legs last week (see her bandages below) they were busy having summer fun. Jen's good friends the Newbolds are moving to Concord! Hard to believe but true. Here are part of their kids' adventures for the week. A goodbye party for Wendy and Nolan's family.
A little food, friends and water balloons
and the kids are happy!
Cannot wait until Wendy, Nolan,
Sienna and Gunner arrive!
See you on August 5th! Be safe!
Julia and her friends did a 5K yesterday.
She's our athlete! She is on the track team at
school and loves running.
I admire anyone who can even walk fast at that altitude.
She been doing a lot of hiking too.
She's working at the concessions at
Hogle Zoo this summer. She likes it!
No matter where Julia goes she has fun!











No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are manna to the soul of a writer. Thank you in advance for any you may be inspired to leave.