Sunday, February 18, 2018

My Simple Daybook! February, 16, 2018



Our lives pass swiftly by! 
We must find our quiet place to discover who we are.
Remembering and recording the everyday
 moments is a great gift to leave behind.
The big things are important, but it is in the details
that our story is born.
The telling of the ordinary moments
are the Threads from 
which the bigger stories emerge.
These things are important links to the 
outcome of what our posterity will inherit from us.
These Daybook posts are my attempt at it.
Just for today~Friday, February 16, 2018


Outside my Window...It is nearly the end of a very beautiful day weather wise.  It is eerie how springy it is for only February 16th.  We are all thinking but not vocalizing just yet, "Are we in for another drought after the plentiful rain we had last year?"  I sure hope not.  The new weather patterns are unmistakeable now and very worrisome.  But for today we will just be happy about this one day and how lovely it is outside while keeping a prayer in our hearts for just what we need.  Not too much, not too little but just right!  

That is such a human conundrum, isn't it?  We comfort ourselves by longing for perfection in an imperfect world.  It may be another way of thinking that peace comes with one perfect scenario after another.  That is heaven, my friends, something we know will never happen in mortality.  But the Lord tells us, "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you; not as the world giveth, give I unto you.  Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John14:27 (KJV)

Spiritual Thoughts...We develop our spiritual thoughts by increasing our faith.  This is something we must desire, we must work for and we must be obedient to the things the Lord asks of us.  I'm not talking about working our way to heaven here.  We all realize that no matter how hard we try, we are perfected only in and through Christ.  Because of his atonement and his mercy and his grace.  That is a gift to us. We must accept the gift, without that we will never enjoy the eternal life we hope for now.  We must remember the words of the scriptures, "Ask and it shall be given unto you, seek and ye shall find, knock and it shall be opened unto you. For everyone that asketh receiveth, and he that seeketh findeth, and he that knocketh it shall be opened unto him."  Matthew 7:7-8 (KJV)

This does not mean that we will get everything we ask for in prayer, because sometimes what we want is not for the best for all concerned, or the timing is not right and patience is required of us.  It may also be that what we are praying for will deprive another of something they need more than we do.  Or that someone else's agency to act as they will, does interfere with what we are praying for then.  These things are hard to understand sometimes because we know he loves us and we want something so badly.  Think of your own parenting.  Do you give your children every single thing they want?  No.  Because you know it is better for them to experience things that help them to grow into the person they are to become.  

Praying For...Peace and comfort for the families of the 17 massacred children and adults in Florida this past week.  Praying for so many individuals that we know and love as well.  Praying for the Lord to bless and keep our family and friends safe and healthy in an unmerciful world.  Praying that God knows how very grateful we are for the miracles both big and small we witness around us day by day.  Praying that all innocent people everywhere will be blessed.  Praying that those whose hearts have grown cold can be changed.  Praying for the peace that only Christ can give.

What Shall I Do PersonallyTo Make A Difference...I have started to read from The Book Of Mormon daily along with my other studies.  The thing about scripture reading is we are asked to do it daily and we should.  Even though the stories  are familiar they also affect us differently depending on our current set of circumstances. 

Even though we are studying The Old Testament in Gospel Doctrine this year and current General Conference talks in the third hour classes, we should still be reading from The Book Of Mormon daily as President Thomas S. Monson implored. The last testimony of President Monson's to do it was reinforced by President Russell M. Nelson, in his first thoughts shared in January, when he became President of The Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If we touch The Book Of Mormon everyday it will touch us everyday. Who would not want to read a book that is a second witness of the Savior of the world?  

I will continue my study and reading daily and also continue to record some of my thoughts and promptings as I do so.  This has made a remarkable difference in my spiritual life in just few weeks as I began once more to read again about the Savior in the Book of Mormon. To ponder and pray about it's relevance in my daily life is amazing. Hanging on to the iron rod or the Word of God is essential.  

Quoting Pinterest...Jeffery R. Holland





The Most Beautiful Photo on Pinterest Today...



Thinking About...Going to Rootstech in less than two weeks and feeling totally unprepared at this point to present classes in our booth for The FH Guide at the conference.  I've been preparing for this for months and months mentally but still it is unnerving.  I am glad I have a good family and best friends and management team members that will be a huge support as we do this together.  I'm praying for the courage, strength and stamina I will need to do my part, knowing the I will received divine help.  

I'm So Pleased...with our grandson, Spencer, who will leave soon to serve a two year mission for our Church.  He will be using his Spanish on this mission and he is so eager to be going.  What a great man he has turned out to be!  We sure are loving watching our grandkids grow up and become such wonderful human beings. They are such a blessing, each and every one of them! 

Feeling Emotional About...two very good families that are leaving our area soon.  My friends Carol and Connie and their husbands are taking off for new chapters in their lives.  Happy for them...sad for us.  I am not good about missing people.  It just never goes away...the loving and the missing that is.  I'm grateful we can keep in touch through the phone and social media and hopefully an occasional visit.  

I Must Be Getting Old Because...I have such warm, fuzzy and vivid memories of the way life used to be when we were younger.  So many wonderful things come quickly to mind with perfect clarity.  And yet I can barely remember things from yesterday anymore.  Perhaps this short term memory problem is a blessing in disguise.  There are things happening every day, now that I do not want to remember.  Forgetfulness is often a tender mercy!  No matter how dark it gets, darkness can never distinguish the light.  We must keep positive and move forward in faith.  Adding a little oil to our lamps on a regular basis is key.  I'm in for the long haul.  For we know that the bridegroom cometh...and soon!

My Near Future Holds... a knee replacement in the spring.  I'm not sure when just yet.  Hopefully late April early May.  If all goes well I'll have the other one done later in the year.  It feels like I need two cataracts surgeries as well.  So it may turn out to be the year of the surgeries!  I'm looking forward to getting them over with and moving on being able to see and walk pain free once again.

Movies We've Seen Lately...our oldies from our own collection.  This weekend we watch a really old one with Gregory Peck called The Scarlet and The Black.  It was an amazing movie about WWII and the Nazi Invasion of Rome.  Excellent movie.  Gregory Peck and Christopher Plummer were so convincing in their respective roles.

Loves and Passions...one thing I love very much is being at home.  Home is such a sanctuary from the world, a place of peace and comfort.  I am passionate about our home...a little piece of the earth we can order as we please.  It is not grandiose but is comfortable and something we have created together over 40 years.  Home is something that I believe should reflect the people who live in it.  It is the place you live your life and create lifelong memories with the people you love when they come to visit.  I want people to feel at home in our home.  I am passionate about creating that kind of environment and atmosphere whenever I can.  Jim is the same.

A photo I'm sharing this week...



Jim gave me these red rosed the day before Valentine's Day.  They are still pretty all these days later!  It's the18th as it has taken me a few days to finish this post.  I love this photo because I happened to walk into our family room at the exact time when each afternoon we get the bright sun shining right on this table for just a few minutes.  It was such a nice Valentine's Day, he's such a good man!  I think I'll keep him forever!  I hope you enjoyed your day as well!

That's a wrap for this time!  Take care and be awesome!  Bonnie










1 comment:

  1. HI BONNIE!!!
    OUTSIDE...I surely know what you mean! It has been COLD this year in Florida for longer periods of time than "normal!" I surely can rejoice with you in your verse with what the LORD has in store for us with His verse, "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what GOD has prepared for those who love Him, but GOD has revealed it to us by His Spirit." (I Corinthians 2:9-10)
    SPIRITUAL THOUGHT...I always like the acronym for JOY. J - Jesus first, O - Others next, Y - Yourself last. Then for the verse that says, "Many who are first shall be last, and many who are last shall be first." Matthew 19:30. I am overjoyed that "the LORD supplies all my NEEDS" (Philippians 4:19) and overjoyed when he allows those wants that will glorify Him!
    PRAYING FOR...Yes, so close to home those children who lost their lives. I pray the peace that passes all understanding will go out to them all from our Almighty GOD. Nothing happens that He does not already know. I pray many will be brought to His salvation through this most sad event. I pray it will deepen even more the spiritual relationship of those who know Him.
    DIFFERENCE...My prayer every day after I read His WORD is, "LORD, lead, guide, and direct me in all I think, do, and say to be to your glory, honor, and praise." Each day after I have read His WORD, It applies so much to each of these areas!
    THINKING ABOUT...I will pray for you that the LORD will assist all your need for your conference preparation! I have my W.O.W. (Women Of the WORD) Bible study group on Wednesdays that I prepare for.
    PLEASED..."Train up a child in the way he should go..." is so important in this day and age! Our church has so many camps and studies for the children in our church as well as each age group on up through the "seniors" of which I am, ha!
    EMOTIONAL...we have missionaries home on furlough that becomes a sad time for us when they go back on the foreign field.
    GETTING OLDER...Hallelujah, yes! I keep looking forward each day praying, "Come, LORD Jesus, even now!"What a glory that is going to be when Jesus' face we see!
    FUTURE... Oh, dear!!! I shall keep you on my prayer list for your knee! My right knee has been giving me problems too. When I stand up, I have to let it pop back in place before I can start walking! Once it pops, I'm okay and have no problem walking. I think I have been doing too much sitting!!!
    MOVIES...I find the "older" movies so much better. I have been watching many from the late 1940's early 1950's.
    LOVE/PASSIONS...I must be an introvert, ha! I love being by myself in my house! It's amazing how much I do! Before I know it the day is gone and it's bedtime again!
    FLOWERS...They are beautiful! My brother Jim (Nellie's hubby) brought me some dark chocolate from them! It was really "sweet" of them!
    The LORD bless you and yours, Susan

    ReplyDelete

Comments are manna to the soul of a writer. Thank you in advance for any you may be inspired to leave.