Our lives pass swiftly by!
We must find our quiet place to discover who we are.
We must find our quiet place to discover who we are.
Remembering and recording the everyday
moments is a great gift to leave behind.
The big things are important, but it is in the details
that our story is born.
The telling of the ordinary moments
are the Threads from
which the bigger stories emerge.
These things are important links to the
outcome of what our posterity will inherit from us.
These Daybook posts are my attempt at it.
Just for today~Sunday, September 16. 2018
Outside my window...it is getting to the point where it is very noticeable that we are falling into autumn. The days are getting cooler and shorter and summer is slipping away. I am irritated with myself for letting summer go by without writing for a few months. I recognize that things that don't get written and recorded get forgotten with time. We have personally had a marvelous summer and I don't want to gloss over those times and moments. They hearten us in these tumultuous times of unrest, political insanity, and natural disasters and can make us think only of the rough times. There have been many good things to be thankful for...that need our focus, our gratitude, our happy memories.
Spiritual Thoughts...in times of trouble we need to remember the blessings we have, the specific prayers that have been answered, the miracles, that faith in a wonderful Father in Heaven that cares for us, loves us and knows us individually. We need to remember. Another way of saying that is we can 'bask in the light of reflected glory', meaning we remember the good things, the good times, the people, and most especially that the Lord is on our side, he is faithful to his word and promises to us.
What Shall I Do PersonallyTo Make A Difference...I can remember these things when Friday morning comes. I can be thankful to be living in this time of medical miracles happening every single day. I can be thankful for many friends that have had this surgery and are doing so much better. I can encourage others when they face the same thing. I can be aware of those that struggle with mobility and now I know exactly how to help them because I have been there. We take walking and mobility for granted until we don't have it. Just like a lot of other things in our lives. I won't take it for granted ever again. Perhaps that is a lesson worth gaining through experience. Our suffering can be a wonderful teacher of important life lessons.
Quoting PInterest...
This quote and another article that I read this
morning were answers to my specific prayers
last night when I could not sleep!
Prettiest Photo on Pinterest today...
Thinking About...a person close to us that really needs a new job. It is looking very promising right now and so needed. Prayers for him and his family!
I Am So Pleased About...our having just returned from a magnificent family reunion with my cousins on my Dad's side of the family. The love of cousins runs so deep for me. Jim and I had a wonderful time with all of them.
Feeling Emotional About...our grandkids all growing up so fast. We always thought that at some point we would move by them. We didn't and now two are in college and one on a mission. Essentially they are adults. And Hazel, our youngest grandchild will be 11 in a week.
Chris and Missy's family ten years ago! Should have done it about this time in our lives!
Chris and Missy's family ten years ago! Should have done it about this time in our lives!
I Must Be Getting Old Because...my skin is too big for my face. Once long ago I was lying in bed with our little grandson, Spencer, and we were talking. He looked right at me and said, "Gramma, how come some old people have skin that it too big for their face?" At the time I thought it was hilarious...now not so much! LOL!
My Near Future Holds...a bionic knee...or two! But not at the same time though. My crazy stops just short of that!
Loves and Passions...travel, photography, learning, writing, working at family history and in our home, growing in all areas except height and weigh, and above all else God, family and friends. Social Media that is strictly to uplift, this I enjoy. I've put a ban in my life on disturbing, sensationalized news in the media. I don't need to know about it all when there is nothing I can do. I've also banned negativity that just brings me down. I don't need it in my life at all. Can't/won't do it anymore. I'm pretty sick of the whiners on Facebook so I just skip the posts and look for the good stuff.
Some photos I'm sharing this week...
Me with our first cousins in Oregon and Washington. Jake Jan, Me, William, Judy, David, Chuck! We gathered to celebrate the wedding of Jan's daughter, Shannon and her new husband Pete. The new header photo on this blog post is a photo I took at the wedding sight! It was the backyard of Judy and her husband Ray. Being on their farm was so refreshing. Dialing it down sometimes is essential. Moving slower, thinking of one idea at a time, enjoying others...this is the life we tend to miss when the rat race is non-stop most of the time.
The spouses of these cousins are so remarkable. We could not love any of them more than we already do. Everyone worked hard to get this wedding to the point of perfection and it truly was.
Jim and Judy doing the final clean up after several days of feeding our big family and putting on the wedding.They are a dream team in the kitchen. Everyone helped a lot and Jan and Judy did a ton before we arrived. I felt badly that I couldn't do more, but I take consolation in knowing Jim does more than the work of two.
Shannon & Pete on their wedding day!
They have a wonderful fairytale love story.
Fell in love at 16!
Eventually married others.
Marriages did not work out.
Came back together after
Years of being single, dated and married!
They have a his & her bunch of kids
now that all love each other!
Win/Win/Win
I just decided I am going to do another whole post on this reunion so I'll save the other photos for that. There are just so many I want to include.
You might also like:









No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are manna to the soul of a writer. Thank you in advance for any you may be inspired to leave.