Thursday, May 5, 2016
An Angel Among Us
This morning Hazel had another back surgery. She did really well. She's a little groggy here but this one is over. I love how they book little kids' surgeries way early in the morning. She's had more than a dozen surgeries of different varieties since she was born. None easy. She will have a major surgery again for bladder reconstruction within a few months during summer vacation.
Yesterday I was talking to her on the phone. I told her she was a Champion Surgery Goer. I could tell she didn't really know what a champion was so I explained. A champion is someone who does something better than most other people. There was a little pause and then she said, "Yeah, I Am!" I could tell she was smiling ear to ear.
This little girl is more than a champion. She is an Angel. Period. An Angel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Ahhh poor wee Hazel. I will keep her in my prayers for a speedy recovery. xoxo
ReplyDelete