I saw this painting on Pinterest last night. It really delighted me. It is the quintessential romantic 1940s moment in time. Do you ever fall in love with falling in love? I admit it, I do. Perhaps that is why we love Downton Abbey so much or Poldark, or Grantchester. Most "Chick Flicks" capitalize on the romance of falling in love. Think Nottinghill. Pride and Prejudice, Letters to Juliet, Leap Year, I could go on and on. I think a lot of guys like them too. I know mine does. How about the newest version of Cinderella?
I also love the ones about staying in love like The Notebook, North and South the TV series, and again, Letters to Juliet. I like the ones that endure like Brooklyn, Last Chance Harvey, Sleepless in Seattle. And the sad ones like Ghost. Mrs. Palfrey at the Clairmont, and Il Postino and The Book Thief about enduring loving friendships. I guess I am just in love with love. Sappy, Cheesy I know...and fun.
Sometimes my head needs a break and my heart needs some attention. Anyway I liked this picture so much last night when it flashed before me on Pinterest. Love is great when it's new and even when it's vintage!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are manna to the soul of a writer. Thank you in advance for any you may be inspired to leave.