The Father Of The Year Award!
I've been saving this photo to post on Father's Day for awhile now. I love this picture of Jim! Sometimes I don't think Fathers and Grandfathers get enough recognition for the totally outstanding contributions they make to their families. Fathers are always teaching their children and grandchildren something, for better or worse. They are modeling for their sons and daughters the way they should be.
From Dad they learn leadership skills, their work ethic, the way to be a gentleman or lady and how to treat others. He teaches by word and deed how to be successful and how to contribute to society in a positive, productive and meaningful way. From him they learn to be a good spouse and parent themselves one day. A great Dad means so much to his kids and grandkids and also to his wife.
There are all kinds of Dads out there. Some that are not the best example to their kids in the things that matter most like; spirituality, character development, career guidance, skills for living, practical economics, or how to care for their physical, mental, emotional and social well-being. The list goes on and on. Dads are important in the support of the family and not just financially. Dads are teachers of selfless love. Jim has many skills that he has passed down to all of our kids. Things that have made them more wonderful people in lots of ways.
I think our children and grandchildren are very blessed to have the Dad and Grampa they do. He could not love any of them any more and he will go the whole way for any of them at any time. He also does it for me and his widowed mother.
So I just want him to know that we love him and appreciate him so completely and he is perfect for our family. In our hearts and minds they just don't come any better than our Dad! Happy Father's Day, Love! It has been my wonderful privilege to watch you become the man you are today! You are a man of outstanding ethical and moral principles and you have honored your Priesthood always as you have guided our family. Another thing that you have mastered is serving your fellow man day and night. You've been and continue to be our steadfast example of living a good, good life. Thank you, we are grateful and happy we have you.
For some reason I am reminded at this moment of something Connie Lowder always says. "If anything bad ever happens, just remember I want to be on Jim's Wagon Train." Sweet isn't that?
I hope all those of you who read this will honor your father and husband today and let them know how much they mean to you.
Even if they have passed on please remember them as they will always remember you, and love you because you are their child.
Our Family 2010



Awwwwwww...I love it!!! And I love YOU guys SO much!! That comment about being on Jim's wagon train is something I mean to the marrow of my bones! And I want to be sitting right next to YOU....because we WILL be sitting.....right?!? haha! Love you two to the moon!!!
ReplyDeleteCon