The Sebastiani Theater, Sonoma, CA
1934 the first movie was shown here.
We chose Sonoma as we had recently rediscovered its charm and vintage feel. Something we appreciate so much more than when Jim went to Sonoma State University.
We arrived mid-morning and the first thing we did was orient ourselves, find our hotel, etc. Then we parked the car and went exploring the visitors' center and The Town Square and a few shops around the perimeter. The Visitors' Center is very nice and very informative. Then we strolled around the big Square and I looked into some of the fun shops. I saw this sign at the very beginning of the walk and was sorely tempted. Hehe!
Jim is very patient to let me browse around but I know it is not his favorite thing to do so I hurry. But since he is neither a drinker or a sport enthusiast and it was 10:25 in the morning I figured I better not drop him off! So we wandered around for awhile and took some fun photos. It started to clear up and be sunny!
Beautiful fountain in this little tucked away
Plaza off The Town Square.
Brazilian-sized ferns?
Sonoma is quaint and laid back and
a very relaxing feeling prevails here.
So inviting!
a very relaxing feeling prevails here.
So inviting!
I love to look at the way the shops do their
merchandizing by how
they display their wares.
they display their wares.
Jim...not so much.
We took off and I pulled out a cherry. I got a double cherry and said. "It's a sign!" Jim looked at his and discovered he also had a twin. We soon realized that nearly every cherry was a twin.
Not really a sign after all. ;-/
Just a way to sell your 2nds!
The sun kept peeking out all day long, then ten
minutes later it would be all gray and overcast.
We picnicked here and then walked about the length
of a football field. There was a half an hour
between these 2 photos in the same place.
between these 2 photos in the same place.
This House was built in memory of Jack London
by his wife Charmian
"The House of Happy Walls"
Jack London is buried near this home.
He loved his Valley of the Moon
and lived and wrote and ranched
here until his death at 40.
Located right outside Glen Ellen, CA
The interior of the home is quite grand but the
Interior Design is "Early Curator."
That translates to too much brown, too little color
and not much pizazz and quite austere.
Jim said just say,"The ranger did it!"
This was my favorite thing in the museum.
Jack London's Creed!
SO Jim Mattson that I laughed
out loud when I saw it.
Our Hotel Room
4th Window from the Left
Window View of the Sign
Our USie in front of the Bright Orange Door
Sandwich Board on the Street and the Menu
Some oil and vinegar from Figone's and the Market.
So creative this girl of ours...
Jen made this with the little girls on Mother's Day!
Jen made this with the little girls on Mother's Day!
Love Our Jennifer's Artsy Spirit
I want to design one too!
I want to design one too!
Campers For Sale in a window on The Square
Then we hung out in the park
people watching until our reservation time.
It was all so convenient and
no hassles with parking because
we walked.
So Pleasant
The Girl And The Fig Menu
This was divine especially the dessert!
I loved how they served it in a small coffee mug!
Not overwhelming you with calories.
It is a very lively restaurant with lots of buzz.
It was a lovely evening.
I loved how they served it in a small coffee mug!
Not overwhelming you with calories.
It is a very lively restaurant with lots of buzz.
It was a lovely evening.
James brought his bike and took an early ride
while I was getting ready for day two.
He discovered a cool Farmers' Market
so we went there to check it out!
The Biker Dude!
We bought some tiny cherry tomatoes
that were pure heaven!
And some Cherry Balsamic Vinegar~Yum!
Cherries seemed to be a common thread
on this trip.
Cherries seemed to be a common thread
on this trip.
The market and the original
Williams-Sonoma
each had men cooking
Jim loves to watch!
I loved their copper display
I am copper crazed.
If we had and endless cache of cash
I'd love to have this wall display
in our kitchen!
in our kitchen!
Of course they have every
fanciful and quality piece of
cookware and tableware known to man.
Next Stop Bartholomew Vineyard & Park
One of our favorite picnic places.
The private home of the vineyard owner.
Reminds me of the vineyard home that was
our class project in my 2004 design class in Napa.
My first redesign experience was life-changing.
The woman of the home cried like a baby
when she walked in & the redesign
our class had done in her home
was revealed to her.
was revealed to her.
So Back to the Park
This is the first time we have taken time to get into
the vineyard and see it from a new perspective.
the vineyard and see it from a new perspective.
See the tiny green grapes hanging
down at the bottom of the vine?
A beautiful and immense tree right
next to the residence.
next to the residence.
We always take our siesta here.
Yep we do!
Yep we do!
Cornerstone was our next and final stop
before heading home.
This is one of our favorite places to visit.
They have beautiful gardens,
fun and unique shopping and a restaurant
called Park 121 that is excellent
and reasonably priced.
fun and unique shopping and a restaurant
called Park 121 that is excellent
and reasonably priced.
You may choose inside or out.
We chose outside when it was time
for a late lunch.
for a late lunch.
This store is unique. It is one of our favorites.
Inside is more for the ladies and
outside is all kinds of salvage
that people have
transformed into "design."
There are no bargains here.
But it is a fun place to explore.
$15,000...It's yours!
They also have a lot of these kinds
of stone pieces
for outside. I was annoyed with
the round mirror as I
could not get a picture here
without showing up in it.
So we gave into it and took another USie.
Perhaps better with a pitchfork in Jim's hand
like that American Gothic Painting of the
Farmer And His Wife
by Grant Wood.
We ordered the last two things & shared.
We didn't get the add-on bacon.
The equivalent of ordering
a diet soda with a 1000 calorie meal.
Funny! Sheesh!
My first sandwich
since last November!
since last November!
No permanent damage!
Yahoo!
Yahoo!
2 little cuties exploring this stone
alligator bench. So BOY!
alligator bench. So BOY!
On our way out we passed through
this store to our car.
this store to our car.
This whirly-gig thingy was cool
with its moving parts
with its moving parts
& dragonflies.
It was so reminiscent of summer
when we were kids.
It was so reminiscent of summer
when we were kids.
Where have all the dragonflies
gone anyway?
gone anyway?
But this was our favorite thing of the day
in the way of stuff!
in the way of stuff!
This tiny camper was so fantastic.
We did a little daydreaming
We did a little daydreaming
about how cool this could be to own.
We signed up for their
We signed up for their
brochure and hit the road for home.
Bedroom and Kitchen only
a very light load with Most of the
essentials!
a very light load with Most of the
essentials!
We got home just before 5:00 having missed
all the traffic. A miracle!
We had a lovely evening,
not telling a soul we were back.
Perfect.
We enjoyed our date night & watched
one of our favorite movies.
all the traffic. A miracle!
We had a lovely evening,
not telling a soul we were back.
Perfect.
We enjoyed our date night & watched
one of our favorite movies.
"Life is Beautiful"
A pretty accurate description of how this
short Get Away
short Get Away
& 48th Anniversary felt.




























































Hi, Bonnie! I'm sorry it has taken me so long to get to your new blog! Happy Anniversaries! I just love the picture of the huge Brazilian fern! The lush green is so pretty. I would love to have the lush green, but not the upkeep, ha! What intriguing places you visited! I can only imagine the foods! What an enjoyable time you had! Long-lost-friend, Susan, ha!
ReplyDelete