Monday, June 27, 2016

My Simple Daybook~ June 27, 2016




Our lives pass swiftly by!
Remembering and recording the everyday moments 
 is a great gift to leave behind.
The big things are important, but it is in the details
that our story is born.
The telling of the ordinary moments
are the Threads from 
which the bigger stories emerge.
These things are important links to the outcome
of what our posterity will inherit from us.
These Daybook posts are my attempt at it.

Just for Today, 
Monday, June 27, 2016

Outside My Window...the sun is up and shining brightly in my office window.  It is going to be 100 degrees today so I am getting all my housework done very early.  

I Am Thankful For..the weight I have lost.  I'm thankful that it has made everything easier.  I am grateful for the loving support of so many as I have taken this journey.  I have learned so much about how my body works and what it likes for good health.  The best part of the whole thing is being proactive and making my own good choices that work best for me...not somebody else.  You can learn a great deal from other's stories but you still have to find your own motivation and way.

From The Learning Room...I have learned that I am a good person regardless of what I weigh.  I know that the people that matter the most to me see beyond all of that.  But the person that has made it hardest on me is me.  I have stopped that.  I think the actions I have taken in the past 8 months have helped me realize this is a physical issue that has been compounded 100% by beating myself up over it. 


Spiritual Thoughts...having self-doubt and sorrow over not measuring up is not of the Lord. The Lord wants us to center our thoughts on progression, not perfection.This lack of respect we have for ourselves is of Satan who wants us to be discouraged and doubt ourselves and our divine nature and our abilities to choose what is best for us.

Have we not remembered that with God all things are possible? Or that we can ask and receive our righteous desires?  Or that faith can move mountains or that he loves us unconditionally?  Why do we forget that we can have as many do-overs as we need? Forgiveness follows repentance. He is so merciful with us.  Is that not a pattern we might well adopt for and towards ourselves as much as others?



Praying For...all of us to be more aware of the love God has for us, so we can function in this life embraced by that warm blanket of love and protection that we don't have to earn.  It is given freely and abundantly and eternally by our Father in Heaven. He knows us, he loves us...just as we are at any given moment.  No exceptions to that rule.  Because of who He is, not because of our incorrect perception that we must be 100% perfect always.  It is not possible.  It never will be in mortality.

Working on...the realization that if I want to be like Christ then I must love myself as he loves me. I must realize completely that until I can approximate that, Satan's tool of discouragement can influence me. Maybe putting on the the Whole Armor of God is having His kind of love? That kind of love allows us to grow in all ways. It should be one of our all time biggest goals in mortality. That kind of unconditional love protects us from all evil.  It also inspires us to keep his commandments and love others in the same way.  It makes us desire to be humble and kind and grateful and full of faith in Jesus Christ and His redemption. 


Reading...Anything and everything that inspires and uplifts me and gives me joy.  I recognize that the things I expose myself to influence me.  Keeping my thoughts and activities wholesome and uplifting create how I feel everyday.

Quoting...From Pinterest




Watching...Not much lately we have been very busy and then too tired to watch anything.  Sleep sometime trumps relaxing.  But we have one more episode of Grantchester to look forward to sometime this week.

Dreaming About...Seeing our family soon and spending some time in a rented log cabin in the mountains of Utah. Reunion plans are underway and it is going to be phenomenal.


I'm Happy About...The amazing people we have in our lives. Family and friends that keep us going, keep us motivated, teach us and love us. You truly are incredible, each and every one of you make life a delight and precious to me.


In The Kitchen...we are enjoying the summer fruits and vegetables and cooking outside.  We actually have a garden this year and it is fun.  We have eaten a few tiny cherry tomatoes off the vine.  The best!  Jim is loving it.  A true Grandpa thing just like his Grandpa!

Favorite Things...The Gospel, helping others, being thankful, love-both given and received. 

Loves and Passions...writing, reading, letters, music, family history, photography, teaching, learning, paying it forward. Technology and how it shrinks the world and allows us to stay close to those that are so dear to our hearts but far away in miles.

Pet Peeves...Intolerance and prejudice towards others.  It is really a problem that conquers unity and oppresses just about everyone in some way.  Live and let live, you don't have to agree on everything to be respectful and kind.  Just think how those two attributes could change the world overnight! 

Around The Cottage...Getting ready for a party here on Saturday night, a retirement party for a dear friend.  Not having a lot to do as it will be catered and the yard is in good shape.  So we get to be guests at our own house.  That is quite cool.  The not so good news is our washing machine is dying a slow and painful death (it sounds like a cement mixer) and now the dishwasher is acting up.  It never ends, does it?  


Family News...Everyone is out of school now and the summer seems to be in full swing.  Missy and Aynslee are at Girls' Camp and Chris is minding the house.  Ross just returned from a camping trip with the scouts and he will be a freshman in high school in the fall.

Zach is moving up to middle school and Piper and and Spencer will be seniors! Piper will apply for college and Spencer plans to go on his mission after graduation next year. So our reunion this year is super important.  Who knows when it can happen again?

Jen and Laura have been making some amazing plans for our reunion and can't wait to hear Missy's ideas when she returns from camp. It has been five years since we have had one. Jim's mom is coming, she'll be 90 in November. Four generations will be getting together in one large cabin. The only bummer is that Robert cannot come because of work but we will get to see him the next week.  So all is well.

My brother Steve is 67 today and we are going out tomorrow night so that will be fun.  No plans for the 4th yet.  Maybe a picnic in the Redwoods of the Oakland Hills?  We'll see!

Photos I'm Sharing...



This past Saturday we got up very early and drove to Colma to find two headstones for our cousin Stephen and one of his Irish cousin that lives back east.  Joe is writing a family history of their Irish line and needed these photos to complete his book nearing publication.  It was so wonderful to do this for Steve as he is always doing for us.  The finding of a headstone is a major feat when you are looking in a cemetery with thousands of graves. It was quite the adventure and we loved it.


I also got to begin an editing project for one of the best people on earth, my friend Carol who is writing a book about her husband's  77 day ordeal in the hospital after his heart attack in February.  

I don't have any pictures but it is so delightful to do something for her too.  She is endlessly serving and it is great to have a chance to do something for her.  Good Week! Doing something for two of the most important people in our life in one week was pure heaven, Jim is continuing on today laying sod with his best friend Dave right now, so make that three great activities for him. Have you found it is so great to be able to give of your time for someone else?  We have.


This we have down perfectly!



That's a Wrap...


Until Next Time...
Think About Building Your Legacy,
One Daybook Entry At A Time!

1 comment:

  1. OUTSIDE...Beautiful, bright and clear after last evening's downpour! It filled 3 inches in my pool!
    THANKFUL...For good health and all the provisions my LORD has provided for me! GOD is so Good all the time!
    LEARNING...I have always been happy concerning myself, I never have based it on what others may think. I have always tried to please my LORD and He assists me to do what I should (though His teaching continues!)
    SPIRITUAL...JOY; Jesus 1st, others second, Yourself last. I try to follow the Holy Spirit's leading in my life by reading and applying His WORD to my life. I pray His leading, guiding, and directing my every breath, thought, word, and deed.
    PRAYER...After my Bible reading, devotional readings, I always pray for my family, friends, church, political, the lost, and my personal needs in detail.
    READING...I'm in Zephaniah devotionals of Joyce Meyers, Charles Stanley, Daily Bread, and Wonderfully Made. It is so amazing how a major theme comes up throughout each day's reading of these!
    WATCHING...t.v. westerns, ha! I can't believe I was only 4-8 years old when many of these old series were made! I find myself praying for the salvation of the "stars" in the episodes. Many may have already passed on, but the LORD knew I would be praying for them in the future! So I claim His promises that what I have prayed in His Name for His will He will answer!
    DREAMING...about Max (my macaw I gave up to a new home) having a great new life with Joe. Joe has made a big flight cage for Max to fly in! I surely miss Max, but hope to see him again on the New Earth!
    HAPPY...with how much I enjoy video taping the pastor's message that goes on the Church's blog! It is a joy for the LORD's witness to the world!
    KITCHEN...I need to get more veggies in my diet, especially the greens!
    FAVORITE...My LORD, family, friends, pets.
    LOVE...my retirement! I have more time for my Bible studies, my pets, my hobbies I couldn't do when working!
    PET PEEVE...If the Bible's prophets, apostles, and disciples went through what they did for the LORD, I can surely treat others as I would want to be treated. Prayer works wonders for those that may not want to treat us with respect. In some cases they find themselves wondering what has come about with the change in their own disposition, attitude, and personality! So goes the power of prayer!
    AROUND...not much going own though there's much that should be, ha! But, it's just me, so I do procrastinate sometimes!
    FAMILY..some getting over the 24 hour bug (myself included.) The others doing well! I can hardly wait until my ladies Bible study group start up again in September!
    Have a blessed day, Susan

    ReplyDelete

Comments are manna to the soul of a writer. Thank you in advance for any you may be inspired to leave.