Saturday, June 4, 2016

My Simple Daybook~4 June 2016



Our lives pass swiftly by!
Remembering and recording the everyday moments 
 is a great gift to leave behind.
The big things are important, but it is in the details
that our story is born.
The telling of the ordinary moments
are the Threads from 
which the bigger stories emerge.
These things are important links to the outcome
of what our posterity will inherit from us.
These Daybook posts are my attempt at it.

Just for Today, 
Saturday, June 4, 2016

Outside My Window...It is approaching noon and yet the sun is still behind the cloud cover.  It is nice as it reached 102 yesterday and we had not yet acclimated to the big jump in temperature within the last few days.  It is a nice and peaceful discretionary day here at home.  My favorite kind of day. All the "have tos" are done and now they are being replaced with the "want tos".  I need lots of days like this, don't you?  The older I get the more I appreciate my own free time to write and research and play as I wish.

I Am Thankful For...the experiences that have helped me see the value in quiet time.  Time to reflect, to draw conclusions about things that do not always seems apparent when we rush from one thing to the next.  Our thought produce our feelings but sometimes we are feeling distress and don't even know why.  I think that it is because in some measure, we have not taken time to think and ponder.  Or better yet to pray or meditate and get ourselves in a calming, balanced state of mind.  

I have also observed just this week that one of the reasons we are constantly misplacing things is we are not living in the moment. We are already some place else doing the next thing on the to-do list when the keys get lost or we forget something important or walk around in a stupor saying, "What am I doing, where am I going?" To be actively engaged in good things is wonderful but to go, go, go all the time is not.  All the dashing requires some dots (pauses) along the way to make sense of it all.

From The Learning Room...It's wonderful to learn from others and the most wonderful thing about it, aside from the people we surround ourselves with,  is the Internet.  I love living with the world's best resource at my fingertips.  What a blessing if we use it to improve and progress and to benefit others as well as ourselves.

Spiritual Thoughts...I've been thinking about how spirituality is such personal thing as it is founded on our agency to choose for ourselves what we will believe and espouse within our own lives. These thoughts came from a church talk I heard where Elder Quentin L Cooke was quoted as saying, "Guilt is never an acceptable motivator for the Lord's work."  Think about that.  It is so true. People will come closer to God by uplifting others rather than judging them.  Especially when we don't know their stories. We get to choose our creed and then love our choice.  Others are entitled to the same.

Praying For...All our loved ones that they may have exactly what they need physically, spiritually and temporally to have a wonderful and fruitful life full of service and happiness and peace.  Praying for us to have the influence of the Holy Ghost for direction and more purposeful living and balance as we do our best to be kind and loving and helpful.  And that we will be better at seeing what others need from us.

Working on...writing more often than I have in the past year. Focusing more on the most important things as a result of my writing by identifying what those important things are.   My writing always comes back to them: God, Family (present, past and future), Loyalty to best friends, Focusing outward to others, Wisdom, Gratitude, over all Optimum Health and Finding Happiness. Gaining Knowledge, Being Positive, Proactive and Accountable.

Reading...More scriptures, more blogs, more articles of interest, a lot of them have been on LinkedIn lately. This one was written by our cousin's son, Jeremy.  It is excellent.  I  have found myself thinking back on it several times when facing something challenging.
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-athletics-improve-your-sales-career-jeremy-lazzara?trk=prof-post

Quoting...From Pinterest



Watching...during the week on the nights we get a chance to watch the big screen, we watch episodes of TV shows.  Lately we have been watching Poldark.  A must see.  Last night we watched an oldie.  Remains of the Day with Anthony Hopkins and Emma Thompson.  Still a winner!  It is about people who never reach their dreams because they lack confidence and courage.

Dreaming About... our two day get-away coming up for our wedding anniversary.  Going to Sonoma and cannot wait.  It is a quaint little town in vineyard country.  Love it.  Got the reservations it will be heavenly! Also fun, relaxing, and just plain wonderful.  Travel is something we both equally enjoy and do well together.

I'm Happy About...so many things.  This time of year just feels like we've climbed a high mountain and the rest will be less hectic.  I know I am kidding myself but it feels like I am a kid getting out of school for the summer or something when June arrives.

In the Kitchen...I am seeing some very positive changes from some dietary revisions I've made over the last 7 months.  Down 68 pounds.  It is all about what you eat.  No breads, milk, a very little sugar and NO bad carbs.  They say there are no "bad carbs" but my experience cleary tell me otherwise for my body. I also eat only healthy fats and lots of lean protein and veggies have made this happen.  A small price to pay for the new healthy life I am experiencing.  I finally remember what healthy feels like and I love it.  Never going back to the old life.  When I eat like this I can have an occasional off plan meal and it does no damage.  I also feel I am being accountable for my health and am much happier because of it.

Favorite Things...things that cannot be bought with any amount of $ like kindness and service and beautiful words of encouragement. Being appreciated, loved and remembered.  I received a lot of that this week and I am very grateful and happy.  All gifts that are priceless from people that mean the world and beyond to me.

Loves and Passions...I love organization, cleanliness and decluttering.  I love the feeling that when most things are in order I can do my finest work.  I love getting up early in the morning and getting dressed, with make-up, hair done and even jewelry.  Even when I don't go anywhere it makes me feel ready for a productive day.

Pet Peeves...that it seems so difficult to keep our cars clean.  Why is that?  I'm trying to find a young man who will just take it over for us.  Not as easy as one would think to find someone who wants to make a little money.

Around The Cottage...Jim has been so busy working in the yard and painting our many wrought iron tables and chairs and a glider we have.  Three tables for 6 to 8 and three tables for 4. That is a lot of tables and chairs.  Some have been given to us by ward members who know we do a lot of entertaining outside.  A few we bought ourselves.  Some were green some were black, all needed painting and now all will be black.  I like them all the same and all black. They go nicely with the white house and black shutters.  Then we have some various colors in umbrellas.  Fun stuff.




Thank You James!
Gifts $ Can't Buy!

Family News...Lot of birthdays in May, Chloe, Spencer, Zachary, Missy and Robert, Beth, our niece Erin and her mom, Marilyn. In June...Owen, my brothers, Steve and Gary and my sister-in-law Emily, Bob and William my cousins.  Whew...mini-Christmas. Especially if you throw in Mother's Day and Father's Day and our Anniversary.  Party hardy for two months everyone!

Photos I'm Sharing...we went to San Francisco last week and visited the exhibition at The de Young Museum of the Oscar de la Renta highlighted fashions of the past 60 years.  It was spectacular.  Here are a few of the photos.













It was glamorous and remarkable eye candy.  What a creative mind he had. The world lost an amazing designer of haute couture, one of a kind, ball gowns and ready to wear fashions too.  We saw the actual gowns worn by many famous celebrities and the prominent ladies of our times.  Oscar de la Renta did it all.  He died just two years ago, a legend in the fashion world who loved the classic and the glamorous and did it so well.


That's a Wrap...

Until Next Time...
Think About Building Your Legacy,
One Daybook Entry At A Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are manna to the soul of a writer. Thank you in advance for any you may be inspired to leave.