Our lives pass swiftly by! I want to do something
to remember the every day moments and my thoughts about them. This is what a Daybook is all about.
Focusing on the little things that become my life.
One entry at a time our story is built.
Just for Today~Saturday, April 23, 2016
Outside My Window...It is early morning and this is what stands out from where I sit. At this time of the year the sun is just in the right spot to illuminate the American Flag on the side of our house. The sun lit flag is just so beautiful and a constant reminder of what our country should be. It is going to be a beautiful day as I write this here and there while doing this and that. Saturdays are just perfect for activities. Especially in the spring! The hills are alive and the green is the greenest!
I Am Thankful For...Mornings I love them. There is so much energy and everything is fresh and new. The air is crisp and then suddenly around 10:00 the magic of morning fades into the day.
From The Learning Room...I am learning again and again that God keeps his promises to us. In his own time and his own way. Our friend John has spent from February 8th until April 21st in the hospital. That is all but unheard of in this time where they boot you out for just about everything within 24 to 48 hours. He was very critically ill. He received a blessing of healing with very specific promises. They kept us all going during the darker times. They are being realized. John is getting better! We are so happy! God keeps his word.
Spiritual Thoughts...As God keeps his word we should also keep His Word. Do what he wants us to do even when we don't know why. Follow Christ in faith and he will lead us in the way we should go. He will strengthen us and bear us up to accomplish his work here on earth. As we personally witness these miracles we need to testify of them to lift others and give them hope. As Carol, John's wife has said, "We have felt helpless but never hopeless." I love that. That is how disciples of Christ go forward with courage and comfort when trials beset us.
People I am Praying For...John and Carol, all of our family and dear friends, including Helen who just had knee surgery yesterday. The leaders of our church and country. The people of Ecuador.
This Week I'm Working On...spring cleaning and freshening up the house. Continuing my work on the porches and patio. Adding to the Italian Database that Stephen and I are working on together, staff training at the genealogy library, and blogging.
I'm Reading...Blogs, LDS Conference Talks, and I want to read the book Brooklyn. Habits of Health, and scriptures.
I'm Quoting...Pinterest
I'm Watching...Brooklyn which was an amazing movie. Filled with love and poignancy in every frame. One of our all time favorites. Why do the British have such superior films? They deal in real life in a dignified, uplifting way. Their work is intelligent and heartfelt and purposeful.
I'm Dreaming About...the guest cottage and writing studio we want to build for our next big project. It will sit in the woods out back along this moss covered pathway where the old version of a guest house now stands. It is ready to be taken down and rebuilt. The dream is to enlarge the footprint just a little and then make a large wrap around porch overlooking the house, deck and pond. The entrance now is a side entrance that will be moved to the north side for a very tranquil view. When we don't have guests I will use it for a quiet inspirational place to write. It will be big enough for a queen bed, some great chairs, a small kitchen and bathroom and a table for eating and writing. We will furnish it from thrift store pieces that we redo ourselves. Or things Jim will build himself. I may even do some creative things myself.
In the Kitchen...I need to clean out my refrigerator today and reorganize our food for the week. All the shopping is done and we are all set for the rest of this month. Lots of veggies in salad to prepare and some meat to BBQ and then weight and measure and freeze in individual portions.
We found a great new product that we love it is called PB for PBs. Peanut Nut Butter for Perfect Bodies! (Haha..that is the real name of it.) It is a dry peanut butter that you simply hydrate and use on celery or other raw veggies or whatever else you like PB with. Delicious and no hydrogenated fat. It is really good, trust me.
In The Cottage...I have added two new things this morning. I went to my favorite monthly sale at Room With A Past and picked up a couple of fun items.
I have a pear collection, an empty spot, and
I like metal for texture. This matches our kitchen colors
perfectly...$12.00. Need it? Yep!
Going Green
Here in CA we pay for bags so
we bring them while shopping.
This one is specifically for my favorite shop.
~Room With A Past~
One of my Pleasures...Finding fun and whimsical things for our cottage that are unique and become treasures over time. It is a way of recycling that I thoroughly enjoy. It keeps costs down and a place we've lived in for 38 years fresh and interesting.
One of my Pet Peeves...Going to the market for one thing and coming home without it...yikes that drives me nuts!
What Surprised Me This Week...87 degrees out on Thursday, rainy and cold Friday. What's up? Doing the dance between winter and summer is a trick.
What Touched My Heart This Week...John coming home, Brooklyn, the Italians, a trip to the temple, and a sweet note from Laura. A photo of Lagomarsino, Italy, and my husband's kindnesses. Emails and texts from family and friends that always brighten my day.
On My To Do List this Week...Going out with James tonight for adult session of stake conference for church, Sunday morning conference on Temple Hill and picnic lunch in the woods, Monday and Wednesday yet to be planned, Tuesday work in the library, Thursday hair appointment, Saturday our friends from Alameda are coming over. Saturday night going to a lecture series. Squeezing in a dental appointment and blood test sometime during the week as well. And visiting some friends hopefully that are recovering from various things. Writing, blogging and family history on the unplanned days is my guess.
Photos I want to Share...have been shared above this week!
Have a Wonderful Week. I have changed the name of my Daybook from A Simple Woman's Daybook to A Woman's Simple Daybook. I just like it better, it has bugged me for a long time the other way. That was the name given to another woman's daybook that I fashioned this after. My new title reflects that the Daybook is Simple, not the Woman...ahem! Why don't you make one? Think how fun they will be too look back on one day.









Oh Bonnie, I sure have missed your writings these long months you have not been doing them. It is so good to catch up with the goings on in your life. I always loved it when you shared your trips out and about with Jim, and of course things about your home and garden, and yes, family. Oh heck, I love all that you share! Your new guest house/cottage sounds like it will be really nice and what a wonderful place to get away from it all and just write. You are blessed. xoxo
ReplyDelete