Pinterest
I really love quotes. I have pinned so many amazing things on Pinterest over the past few years that really make me think and that help me formulate who I really am by what resinates with me as I read them. My plan is to do a series of these "Quote Posts" along the way. I'd love to hear what you think when you read quotes like the one above. The late Marjorie Pay Hinckley was the wife of Gordon B. Hinckley and a very revered and respected woman.
I literally believe the sentiment of this quote with all my heart. I know that it is a truth that all people are good inside when we come to earth. We are born completely pure and innocent. Our experiences and nurturing, along with our innate character and personality, make us all unique. Everything that happens to us in life shapes who we are. Every experience, good or bad becomes a part of the fabric of our being.
Now when I think of the above words of Sister Hinckley I think about the people that rub me the wrong way, as well as the ones who are easy to love. This quote reminds me to feel more compassionate for the ones that seem unlovable sometimes. What is their story? What things have they suffered that make them the way they are? It makes me realize that people that offend us rarely have that in mind when they do things that are thoughtless or cruel.
They themselves are hurting on some very basic levels. It makes me want to know their story. It makes me want to tell my story. It makes me want to understand and to be understood. Love is a gift and most of the time we expect people to earn it. Sometimes it needs to be given unconditionally. In fact, that is the best way to love...period.
So I urge you to write your story. Explain what you love, what makes you tick, what makes you laugh and cry and come unglued. What makes you so happy that you are joy-filled? What bores you to tears? What are your challenges and your triumphs? Let people know your story...they will indeed love you the more for it if you do.
I have made a Pin Board entitled "Me" which is a common practice on Pinterest. Here is the link to the one I am compiling as I enjoy the process of creating memories for anyone who may be curious or interested in my story. In some cases the pins merely reflect the person I strive to be. No perfectionism is in it at all.
https://www.pinterest.com/onedesigner/me/
https://www.pinterest.com/onedesigner/me/

There are definitely not any two stories alike! They are as individual as fingerprints!
ReplyDeleteWhen I want to start fussing about things to myself, I stop and remember, there are those that have circumstances more in depth than I have had, may be having now, or will go through in the future! It is all a test of our faith in Jesus coming through for our need. "Ask, believing and you will receive." (John 16:24) I believe this is so when I put others ahead of myself. Susan